Sunday, July 24, 2011

Wow!!! Back in the States Good to be home. Nice to come out into the sunshine

All settled in my new place in Washington DC and having a great time adjusting to being back in the states. For those of you that have followed my travels over the last few years, you already know that after I left Iraq ( for the third time) I was stationed in Singapore and spent allot of time in Indonesia and SEA. Spent a few months back in the Middle East and now I'm home....been along time. Glad to be home, glad to be closer to my family and friends, glad to be able to walk a block to the Starbucks.
What many of you may not know is that I am a strong supporter of the repeal of DADT (Don't Ask, Don't Tell) and now that it has officially ended and the services are "adjusting" to the changes... the lives of thousands of service men and woman will change as well. No longer will they have to "hide" or worry about who might find out. No longer do they have to worry about having their careers ended because of bigotry and prejudice. All I know, is that this Marine will breathe a little easier.
No... I'm not going to be prancing into the office on Monday morning announcing to the world that I'm Bisexual. Frankly, it's no body's business who I have sex with and how. I suspect that is the way it's going to be for most of us. Most people will not even know that the guy or gal working next to them is gay or lesbian. The only difference you might notice is a more relaxed coworker, one that feels a bit freer and less threatened., one that can see his future at bit clearer and feel like he's an equal partner in serving his nation.
I'm sure that there are some of you that just can't figure out people like me. Believe me, sometimes I confuse myself. But what I do know is that I'm as much as a human being as you are and for some reason, God made me the way I am for his reasons...maybe someday we can all accept His will, and stop the hate.
All I know is that I feel allot more secure in being able to finish my 30 years serving my country and being a proud member of the United States Marine Corps.
Semper Fi

No comments: