Thursday, December 12, 2013

From my virtual world to Reality...

On Saturday afternoon at 1PM I will become a married man.
Legally married within the jurisdiction of the District of Columbia.
Seven years ago I could be described  as a closeted Marine, hiding who I really was, living in a straight mans world, always looking over my shoulder and worried about being "found out".
Then I discovered Second Life and the gay community here that welcomed me and made SL my home away from home. For all intents and purposes...I came "out" here in SL. I became the gay man that was hidden inside me and flourished in our gay community. It was the friendships and relationships I developed here that gave me the motivation to transform my Real Life into what I had already become in our virtual world.
After serving as a US Marine for over 13 years, I  left the Marine Corps.
Today, I am an openly gay man, committed to my partner, building a business and a family.
A few years ago I came out to my family, or rather was outed by a well meaning brother, and was shocked that my father, brothers, uncles and aunts, accepted me with open arms. They have accepted my soon to be husband into the family and made him feel welcome part of our extended family.
I have never been happier in my life and never been more certain about the commitment I am about to embark.

I want to thank all of you in our Second Life community for being a part of my life and making me feel welcome into our virtual family. I absolutely know that the advances I have made in my Real Life have been built upon my experiences I have had here. For all of you in Second Life that have taken the time to know me and befriend me... I thank you. There are a few special people out there, and they know who they are, that have really been the rocks that have helped me grow and blossom into the Real Life man that I have become...I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I'll be around next week after the wedding, and then go home for Christmas with my husband, followed by a ten day honeymoon..... I'll see ya'll when I return and please be good to each other and live the season.

Merry Christmas

Doc Spad

1 comment:

Bock McMillan said...

Congratulations to the upcoming nuptials, it couldn't happen to a better man!

Hugs and thanks for sharing this beautiful story of how ones first life and SecondLife can interact.

Hugs and best wishes to you and your-soon-to-be husband